Operation Round-Up awards $9,500 to local programs
Polk-Burnett’s Operation Round-Up awarded $9,500 to 12 community organizations at its April meeting. Funding for Operation Round-Up is donated by members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative who round their monthly electric bill up to the next even dollar amount. Grant recipients are selected quarterly by a committee of co-op members, with financial donations awarded to nonprofit organizations that improve our local quality of life. Community support is a core value of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative.
Operation Round-Up grant recipients for April 2014 are:
1. Endeavors Adult Development Center, $1,000, to purchase a storage shed for greenhouse equipment
2. Community Referral Agency, Inc., $1,000, to provide living expenses for people at domestic violence shelter
3. Osceola School District Family Challenge Program, $500, to provide incentives for families to turn off the TV and spend time together
4. Dresser Public Library, $750, to support summer reading program for youth
5. St. Croix Falls Public Library, $750, to support summer reading program for youth
6. Yellow Lake Food Distribution/GPS, $1,000, to purchase food for monthly Second Harvest food distribution
7. Mental Health Task Force of Polk County, $750, to purchase a laptop and monitor for training and information sessions
8. Wild Rivers Habitat for Humanity, $1,000, to support May build-a-thon of three new homes in Centuria
9. Burnett County Historical Society, up to $750, to support second-annual Yellow River Folk Music Festival in June
10. Family Pathways, $750, to help purchase food and equipment for food shelves in Frederic and St. Croix Falls
11. Faith Lutheran Youth & Family Ministries, $750, to purchase supplies for a community garden, with produce donated to foodshelf
12. Balsam Lake Water Ski Show Team, Inc., $500, to purchase equipment to teach water skiing to youth and give public performances
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant or co-op members who’d like to round their bill up in support of Operation Round-Up may contact 800-421-0283 or visit the Operation Round-Up webpage. The next application deadline is June 1.